Building Inspections



Building Inspector and Code Enforcement

Building inspections require 24 hour notice before an inspection can be completed.

To schedule a building inspection contact the City Hall office at 417-739-4903 or e-mail Once an inspection has been requested it will be placed on the building inspectors calendar. 

Please click the link below for:
City of Kimberling City - Searchable Codes & Ordinances
Building Permit Application
Contractor License Application

Common projects requiring permits:

  • Residential new construction
  • Commercial new construction
  • Additions
  • Structural change
  • Renovation
  • Remodel
  • Basement Infill
  • Accessory Building
  • Septic work
  • Blasting
  • Electrical alterations
  • Mechanical alterations
  • Plumbing alterations
  • Fence
  • Deck or Deck renovation
  • Concrete patio
  • Re roof
  • Well
  • Driveway & culvert work
This is not a complete list. Please check with City Hall with any questions.

Permit applications are available at City Hall from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm M - F.

Note: All contractors and sub contractors performing work in Kimberling City must have a current contractor license. If you retain more than self performing work (no employees) then a copy of your workmen's compensation form must be on record when receiving your license. Licenses can be obtained from the Clerk at the front desk at City Hall from 8:00am to 4:30pm M - F.

The City of Kimberling City has adopted the 2006 International Building Code, 2006 International Residential Building Code, 2006 International Property Maintenance Code, 2006 International Plumbing Code, 2006 International Code Council Electrical Code, 2006 International Mechanical Code.  Electrical standards are viewed through the NEC.

All permits and inspections are intended to protect the public, the property owner and the municipality in which work is performed.

Commonly asked questions:

Q: Deck work?
A: Decking work is one of the most commonly misunderstood construction projects because many times the work is performed by the homeowner or an amateur person without the knowledge of the proper load, fastening and protection systems. The building department has a common outline for deck construction that the homeowner can use as a guide in his or her decisions.

Q: Do I need a permit to put a new roof on my house?
A: Yes, you need a permit so the Building Inspector can check the contractors work and performance.

Q: I want to add a driveway to access my back yard, what do I do?
A: The Building and Public Works Department will visit the site with you and establish whether or not it is possible to add a new driveway entrance to your property. A permit and regulations will apply to new driveways and culverts.

Q: I need to update my electrical outlets in my bathroom or kitchen, do I need a permit for this?
A: Yes, any updates to electrical, plumbing or mechanical systems need a permit. Many times financial institutions, insurance companies and others want to see this work completed under permit and inspected for everyone's protection and safety. There are instances when lending institutions will not finance purchases without proper documentation of previous remodel work.

Q: I want to fence in my yard. Do I need a permit?
A: Yes, the guidelines for fence work are available from the Building Department.

All questions are welcome from the Building Department.
Please email or call 417 739-4903.


Missouri One Call System,

Physical Address:
34 Kimberling Blvd.

Kimberling City, MO 65686

Mailing Address:
PO Box 370
Kimberling City, MO 65686
Phone: (417) 739-4903
Fax: (417) 739-2752